Today I started thinking about how I got to this place in my life. The path was never well thought out but then maybe if I’d known what I wanted to do early on, I could have planned accordingly. Its not uncommon for young people to not know what they want to do with the rest of their lives, but I know that I have wanted to do it all, and with that thinking, probably haven’t achieved half the things I could have by now!
Chopping and changing has been a speciality, but I finally know that there are no hard and fast rules. I am a graphic designer by trade who wants to fly planes and climb mountains, improve the lives of others and train to the highest level of martial arts – and guess what? There is nothing wrong with that. I look forward to ticking my bucket list as life goes on.
Below is a shortlist of some of the jobs I have thought about doing over the years:
1. 100m sprint athlete – because I love speed and running
2. English teacher – hoped this would give me the opportunity to travel and educate our youngsters
3. Mechanic – theres something attractive about knowing this vehicle inside out
4. Doctor – Save lives and look clever
5. Graphic Designer – which I now am, flexing those creative muscles
6. Race car driver – Speed rush
7. Fighter jet pilot – and more speed
8. Dare devil – and some more speed with an added boost of adrenaline
9. Under cover agent – is there anything they can’t do?
10. Anyone that can save the world! – I think that says it all
Is there anything you wanted to do when you were younger? Are you living the dream or has it remained just that, a dream?!