Good design is making something intelligible and memorable.
Great design is making something memorable and meaningful.
1. Look at layout, do the items on the page/screen look balanced. Is there a clear order and direction for readers or is there too much going now?
2. Use a maximum of two fonts, one for headings and one for copy.
3. Ask yourself why you are using those colours. Do they fit the service/product you offer or are they just your favourite colours this season?
4. If you are using imagery choose a style and stick to it. Are the images going to be bright and vibrant life-style shots or saturated shots of business people?
5. Lastly, use the same fonts, colours and style of imagery throughout each touch point if possible. A bright pink business card and a black&white website will make people think they are not the same company.