Shakespeare is no longer here to ask the question, but if he were he probably would! How often is it now that you see people with smart phones, tablets and laptops over books and notepads? For some time now I have stayed away from digital in the hope that there would still be enough print work to sustain me. Ermm…no. How stubborn am I? Surely I am not being the best designer I can be if I am not open to change and new ways of creating designs. Designing for the digital world comes with a vast pool of great advantages.
- Screens are gorgeous and heighten the attractiveness of images.
- Enjoy the challenge of designing multiple layouts for different screen sizes and orientations.
- Make your design more attractive by harnessing motion content and become savvy with rich media.
- Open up greater opportunities to gain more clients.
- Realise the cost savings between tweaking a mistake made in digital content over a job that has already gone to print.
I am running towards digital design with open arms, and if you haven’t already done so, I encourage you to do the same.